New project home (?)

Developer
Feb 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I tried contacting Juergen to join as a contributor on this project, but didn't get an answer. The source code listed on this project (and the SVN repo it's tied to) doesnt' actually go to anything so I can't even contribute a branch...

I have really enjoyed this library as it is very simple to use and works great even for the new S7-1200 modules SIEMENS has released.

However, I have found that there are a few things that could be improved so I copied the source (with credit) and re-created this project (more or less) on Github.

You can find it here: https://github.com/killnine/s7netplus

My intention is not to steal Juergen's thunder, but build off what he started and continue active development.

If you have any questions, hit me up on Github!
Oct 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Hi Killnine...
I have downloaded your application about plc siemens comunication, the class work very good with S7-300, but i have to comunicate with siemens S7-200.
I can't use the notation DB2.DBD43 because the s7-200 is different. I have write and read with the notation like VW7006 but your class resend to me with a bad string format...

Can You Help Me?

Tnks

Paolo
Developer
Oct 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Hi Paolo,

I think that's probably doable, assuming it behaves the same way underneath. Can you create an open issue on the GitHub project page?
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Hi killnine,
I'm sorry for the very late answer. A few years ago I left the company I worked before and don't have access to PLCs and I think it will not change in the near future.
So I'm glad that someone continious my work. I added you as a developer so you have complete rights to change the source code.
It depends on you if you use codeplex or github or maybe both.

With best regards,
Jürgen